Problems to be solved immediately.
- Saving user defined layouts, and adding preference UI.
- Printting support using libgimp (implement as plugin.)
- Save image orientation, and restore automatically when the image is opend.
- Checking documents and translating to English.
- Treatement of links in archive file.
- Bookmark feature.
- Refine movie feature.
- Enable to display comments on thumbnail view.
- Use system wide libexif if exists.
- Treatement of meta data embeded in image files.
- Enrich useful key bindings and preference UI.
- Simple image editing feature (fetch codes from Electric Eyes?)
- Managing thumbnail cache feature (remove needless cache, and so on).
- Support other various image types.
- Enable to display thumbnail on file dialog.
- Enable to save comments and thumbnail cache under image directory.
- Other minor improvement for GUI.
Problems to be solved on 0.3.x
- Progressive loading like GQview.
- Refine plugin interface.
- Enrich native support of image loaders (at least TIFF, XPM, PNM).
- Enrich native support of image savers (at lease JPEG,TIFF, XPM, XBM).
- Merge leaf patch provided by TAM XD.
- Implement VFS feature, and support archive file completely
(adding files, DnD, and so on)
Problems to be solved after 0.3.x
- Independent from Imlib, gdk-pixbuf (Separate as plugin).
- Imlib2 support.
- Native support for tar archive.
- http/ftp support.
- DataBase support.
- Develop "Scripts", and provide as "gimageview-scripts" package.
If we needs GUI, we should use Ruby-GNOME.